About the Petfinder Foundation
The Petfinder Foundation exists to help you. We give grants to Petfinder.com members to help you recover from disaster, keep your pets happy and healthy and find them homes more easily. You can also sign up for our Sponsor a Pet program, which lets Petfinder visitors donate to you via a button on your pet profiles.
- Learn more about the Petfinder Foundation. http://www.petfinderfoundation.com
- See grant opportunities and apply for a grant. http://www.petfinderfoundation.com/for-shelters/apply-for-a-grant/
- Sign up for our Sponsor a Pet program. http://sap.petfinderfoundation.com/
- View the Sponsor a Pet Frequently Asked Questions: http://pro.petfinder.com/sponsor-a-pet-faq/
- Read some of our success stories! http://www.petfinderfoundation.com/blog/category/grants/
Partnership with Petfinder.com
Founded in 1996, Petfinder.com houses and offers access to the largest database of homeless pets on the Web, featuring hundreds of thousands of adoptable pets at more than 13,500 animal welfare organizations nationwide. Millions of visitors search the Petfinder.com database daily, helping homeless pets across the country find new homes worldwide.
Below is a list of open grant opportunities from the Petfinder Foundation. Stay informed of all grant opportunities by visiting the Petfinder Foundation’s grants page.
A Shot at Life Vaccination Grant:The Petfinder Foundation is working with Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc., and The Animal Rescue Site to provide various vaccinations to adoption organizations. They join us in the belief that there is nothing more important than reducing the number of adoptable pets euthanized because of illness and decreasing the spread of illness at a facility by providing important vaccinations.OPEN: Apply Here
Disaster:Hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, floods, earthquakes and other events can devastate animal rescue and shelter organizations. The Petfinder Foundation oversees a Disaster Fund to help pets and animal welfare organizations when natural or man-made disaster hits a community.OPEN: Apply Here
Each grant has its own guidelines, but in general we ask that you:
- Be a Petfinder member in good standing
- Provide us basic information about your organization
- Submit grant reports, including receipts, after you’ve spent the funds
- Sent us pictures and adoption stories about pets who were helped by the grant