Petfinder Member Terms of Service (TOS)
Petfinder offers web site publishing capability to enable subscribers to become part of the online community. Petfinder regards such sites as part of the Petfinder service and will enforce its community guidelines for member-created web pages.
Petfinder considers all areas of Petfinder, including FTP accounts and email folders, as “public”. As such, any file, program, or material placed in these areas, including, but not limited to, web pages, pictures, documents, sound files, message boards, chat rooms, scripts etc. are accessible to Petfinder and associates. By submitting content in these public areas, you grant to Petfinder the absolute right to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, etc. the content in any part, anywhere.
Petfinder.com Member Requirements:
The following requirements must be maintained for all Petfinder member’s homepages and pet lists:
- The member’s Petfinder homepage with content and the ‘Our pet list’ links must remain and cannot auto-forward to a page/site outside of Petfinder
- The page must contain enough information that a potential adopter can learn about the member, the member’s adoption policies/fees/steps, etc., and be able to contact the member, without leaving the member’s Petfinder homepage.
- Any links to pages outside Petfinder must be below the organization header, name and pet list links. The link must open in a new browser window.
- No advertising or links to pages outside Petfinder are allowed on Pet Notes pages in any fashion.
- The member’s Petfinder pet list must be kept up to date.
- Any pets listed for adoption on a site that is linked to from a member’s Petfinder homepage must also be listed in the member’s Petfinder pet list.
- Auto pop-up windows to other pages/sites and/or auto-downloading software (such as but not limited to hotbar, comet cursor, etc.) are not allowed.
- Member-created web pages and content shall not promote or advertise any Petfinder competitor or any competitor of any Petfinder sponsor. What constitutes a competitor and a sponsor will be determined solely by Petfinder.
All services provided by Petfinder and associates may be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data or material in violation of any United States Federal, State or local law is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, material Petfinder judges to be threatening, obscene, or otherwise inappropriate or material protected by trade secret and/or other statute. Acts such as, but not limited to, posting, transmitting, promoting, distributing or facilitating distribution of content intended to victimize, harass, degrade or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation are a violation of these provisions. Hate speech of any kind is unacceptable anywhere on the site.
Examples of unacceptable content or links that are prohibited on all Petfinder servers are represented by, but not limited to, pornography or sex-related merchandising. This includes sites that may infer sexual content, include sexually related chat, or link to adult content elsewhere. This is also true for sites that promote any illegal activity or content that may be damaging to our servers or any other server on the internet. Any site selling or promoting bulk email services is not allowed. Pirated software, Hackers programs or archives, Warez Sites, Irc Bots, Mp3 or other music formats containing copywrited material are not allowed.
All subscribers agree to indemnify and hold harmless Petfinder and associates from any claims resulting from the use of the service which damages the subscriber or any other party. All subscribers agree to be bound by the terms of service as set forth herein.
In addition to abiding by these Terms of Service, Petfinder members are also required to abide by our Visitor Agreement. Petfinder and associates will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of these provisions.