Beginning Wednesday morning, December 3 at 2:00am ET, Petfinder will be implementing several site enhancements including:
– Fixes to the ability to add pets to Petfinder when using Internet Explorer
– Fixes to our automatic photo import system for Chameleon shelter software users
– Updates to your Admin System Dashboard to share important account information with you and increase the speed in which your account loads
– Updates to our login system (see below for important information on changing your password!)
Many high-profile online security issues have made headlines recently. Petfinder takes online security very seriously as we are the trusted online home for your pets.
Starting on Wednesday December 3, you will be prompted to change your login password in order to access your Petfinder account. Upon logging in at https://pro.petfinder.com you will be asked to make a change to a secure password. You will follow these steps:
1) Visit https://pro.petfinder.com and enter your current login information
2) You will be taken to a new screen and prompted to change your password
3) Change your password using the password formula and password strength meter we will provide for you on-screen
After changing your password, you will be automatically logged into the Petfinder Pro Admin System. Be sure to note your new secure password! Upon future visits, please use your NEW login information to access your Petfinder account at https://pro.petfinder.com
You will be asked to follow this formula when creating a new secure password:
1) At least 8 characters in length
2) Not similar to your email address or username
3) Include at least THREE characters from the following list.
– 1 upper case character
– 1 lower case character
– 1 numerical digit
– 1 special character
An example of a good, secure password is: HShv973!
An example of an insecure password is: cat
The Petfinder Pro Admin System allows for multiple login accounts for each organization, so you can keep your personal username and password unique to you. Having a secure login means choosing a unique password and changing it periodically. We especially remind you to never share login information outside your organization. This could put you and your pets on Petfinder at risk!
We appreciate you taking a few minutes to make this change. While we release these updates, you may experience intermittent interruptions while using the site on Wednesday, December 3.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We are here to help you and your pets.
Petfinder Outreach Team