January Monthly Newsletter

by Kristen

Resources to increase pet adoptions Can’t read this email? View in Browser.
Petfinder PRO
Join Us Facebook Twitter
Petfinder Member Newsletter

Petfinder Pro January Newsletter
Dear Petfinder Member,
 
Happy 2015!
 
In 2014, more people than ever before and anywhere else looked at your adoptable pets on Petfinder. Mobile viewing continues to be an ever-increasing trend, with over half of Petfinder visitors checking out your pets on their mobile device or tablet. Together, the Petfinder site and mobile apps saw over 75 million visitors viewing a total of almost 2 billion pages collectively. That’s right — 2 billion!
Animal Aid, Inc.Portland, OR

Our first full year within Nestlé Purina PetCare was an exciting one. Being part of Purina has given us the added ability to do research on how visitors are utilizing Petfinder. This will allow us to better serve you, our shelter and rescue members, along with the visitors coming to view your adoptable pets.

For example, did you know that approximately 60% of visitors coming to Petfinder are specifically looking to adopt a pet? The other 40% of visitors coming to Petfinder are coming to learn more about the pet adoption process, pet care and, of course, check out your great adoptable pet photos!

We will continue to share helpful tips for capturing visitors’ attention throughout the Petfinder Pro site and in upcoming issues of this monthly newsletter. As always, we love to hear your thoughts on Petfinder and how we can make it the best experience for shelters and rescues and potential adopters.

Coming in February, we will ask you to take part in our annual survey as many of you have done since beginning your relationship with Petfinder. Your feedback in this survey is very important as it is used throughout our planning of new features and programs. We will ask you to take just a few minutes to complete it on behalf of your organization’s 2014 adoptions and experience with Petfinder.

Until then, we hope your 2015 is off to a great start and know that we’re cheering and celebrating every adoption alongside your organization.

Happy adoptions!

-Sara

Sara Kent Director of Shelter Outreach, Petfinder Nestlé Purina Petcare

Petfinder Pro Adoption Tip
The holiday season provides great photo opportunities for adoptable pets. Now that the holidays are over, consider uploading new photos to keep pets looking current in the eyes of potential adopters.

Get More Tips

Upcoming Events
ASPCA Webinar: Social Media 201
Whole Cat Workshop in Grafton, MA
Animal Care Expo in New Orleans, LA

See More Events
Petfinder Foundation News
Attention Dog Rescues! Petfinder Foundation has a grant opportunity just for you. Funded by the recent Cause for Paws show on FOX, there are grant opportunities available to help care for homeless dogs in your rescue.

Apply Now

Special Offers from Partners
Earn free microchips for your adoptable pets! Our partner, HomeAgain, is offering the opportunity to microchip all your pets for free. After purchasing the initial box of microchips for $5 per chip, you will earn a free chip for each that you register to a new adopter.

SEE ALL SPECIAL OFFERS
Social Media Highlights
Adoption Options 2015 Like the Petfinder Pro Facebook Page to stay up-to-date on our Adoption Options workshop series. Dates and locations for 2015 are set!

Like us on Facebook
Winter Weather It’s cold out there! Learn tips for helping to care for community cats during the cold weather.

Follow us on Twitter