Beyond the Box: Closing After-hours Drop Boxes
Thursday, November 14, 3-4pm ET
- Nancy Hill, Director – SCRAPS (Spokane County Regional Animal Protection Service) (WA)
- Dr. Julie Levy, DVM, PhD, DACVIM – Director, Maddie’s Shelter Medicine Program, University of Florida, College of Veterinary Medicine (FL)
- Kathie Johnson, Director of Animal Services – Animal Humane Society (Minnesota)
Does your organization have after-hours “drop boxes” that you’d like to see closed? Worried there will be a negative community response or more abandonment?
Hear from your colleagues who’ve already taken the leap; they will discuss what they did to prepare for closing their drop boxes. Find out what life has been like since then – hint: insert smiley face here!
Join our three panelists (representing geographically diverse locations and multiple agency types) as they separate reality from mythology and share their own successes and challenges with the transition. They will discuss:
- Why their agency decided to close animal drop boxes
- How they communicated this decision to their community and handled questions
- What steps they took to accommodate the closing of their drop boxes
- The benefits based on data and shelter experience
- Lessons learned
This free, 60-minute webinar is designed for shelter leaders, government officials, veterinarians, staff, and board members.