March – April 2015
Mark your calendars! The HSUS’s Animal Care Expo, the premier national conference for animal welfare professionals, is taking over the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, March 30-April 2, 2015.
Join 2,000 animal care experts, professionals and newbies from around the globe to learn new skills and strategies to find pets homes, keep pets in homes, engage your community, humanely manage cat populations, and more. Expo 2015 is sure to be extra special as we reflect on the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina and the continuing efforts to make disaster preparedness for animals a key priority. Get ready to recharge your passion for saving animals!
Why should you attend the ANIMAL Conference?
• Because you care about animals and the people who love and care for them!
• Because the social, emotional, and physical health of animals is intricately tied to that of humankind in our cities, in our state, and in our region
• Because you want to join the dialogue and learn and share how to improve the quality of life of all animals whether on the farm, in the wild, in neighborhoods, in communities, or in our homes
• Because you will meet and interact with members of the Oklahoma Roundtable for Animal Welfare and Oklahoma Link Coalition
• Because it will be fun! For the two days of the conference, business and organizations in downtown Oklahoma City will play host to many animal-friendly activities and efforts. Lee Fairchild will present his world-champion disc dog demonstration at the Myriad Gardens. Plus, the Cat Café and Pop-Up Bookstore (run by Full Circle) will feature adoptable felines and coffee drinks.
This small group workshop will provide six hours of MDARD-approved training on:
Intake by appointment process
Intake exams for dogs and cats
Canine Personality Assessment Test
Phone counseling for animal owners or finders
Plus: Networking and sharing ideas and successes!
You MUST register to attend this seminar
Adoption Options is a FREE multi-city animal welfare workshop tour across North America. Petfinder is proud to bring nationally recognized speakers to local communities. Presented in conjunction with Petco Foundation, each Adoption Options is full of useful information for employees and volunteers of animal shelters and rescue organizations. These single-day workshops cost nothing to attend and cover topics focused around the placement, promotion and behavior of homeless pets.