The Community Cats Podcast and Feline Leukemia advocacy supporter Margaret Tompkins are thrilled to announce our first-ever online FeLV Educational Day, to be held July 18 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We will have a wonderful group of speakers sharing their expertise around Feline Leukemia. Planned speakers include Amy Kohlbecker (Best Friends Animal Society), Dr. Julie Levy (University of Florida), Britney Fox Hover (Merrimack River Feline Rescue Society), Danielle Case (Tree House Humane Society), Dr. Heather Kennedy (KC Pet Project), and Monica Frenden (American Pets Alive).
For just $25 for the day, hear from the best and learn about the great success we have had saving the lives of kitties with Feline Leukemia.
Animal Care Expo 2020 has moved online! When collaboration is more vital than ever, you can still rely on the Humane Society of the United States to bring the animal welfare community together. While we may not be able to gather in person, we are so excited to instead bring you an interactive virtual conference experience.
Join animal welfare professionals and volunteers from around the world to view nearly 30 sessions on a variety of topics, visit with exhibitors in our virtual exhibit hall, earn continuing education credits and chat with other attendees – all from the comfort of your own home or workspace.
To celebrate our 29th Animal Care Expo, full conference registration is only $29!
Learn more at animalcareexpo.org.
How to use the Assess-A- Pet four-step, on-leash procedures to look for low risk, moderate risk, and high risk responses in dogs.
- How to assess dog-dog engagements to look for compatible playmates
- Observing low risk behaviors, moderate risk, and high risk behaviors
- When to interrupt
- How to interrupt
- How much play is healthy or necessary?
- Is there more reactivity today than ever?
- Reactivity is contagious
- Possible contributing factors for reactivity
- What if EVERY dog owner managed his or her dog AS IF he were reactive?
- How to manage a dog in public or in private spaces
- Sensitive events for triggering reactivity
- Training tips for reactivity
- Prevent Reactivity Before it Starts
- Are current puppy classes designed for today’s world? What kind of socialization is best for puppies, so they grow up into dogs that, while out in public, are able to ignore most other dogs, while remaining connected with their owners.
- What if instead of a puppy, someone gets an older dog? Is it still possible to provide socialization?