The Best Friends Professional Development Symposium: Reaching New Heights in Contemporary Animal Services is a new dynamic online symposium for animal services professionals and students devoted to lifesaving innovation and revolutionary change for pets and people.
The field of animal welfare is rapidly evolving as animal services organizations become resource centers, and the COVID-19 pandemic has only accelerated that change. In this creative two-day online event, you’ll learn more about the changes happening in the field and the latest in lifesaving from leading experts.
The symposium is part of a new initiative from Best Friends, presented in partnership with Southern Utah University (SUU). The goal is to develop prestigious academic learning opportunities that will facilitate career paths and clarity in contemporary animal services.
Presentation topics include:
- Redefining Animal Services
- Field Services Moving Forward
- Keeping Pets with Families
- Lifesaving as a Community Ethic
- Leadership for Lifesaving Change
- Compassionate Badassery
- Fundraising During Economic Uncertainty
- What’s the Deal with Cats?
- Fast-Tracking Pets Through the Shelter System