Animal Care Expo 2020 has moved online! When collaboration is more vital than ever, you can still rely on the Humane Society of the United States to bring the animal welfare community together. While we may not be able to gather in person, we are so excited to instead bring you an interactive virtual conference experience.
Join animal welfare professionals and volunteers from around the world to view nearly 30 sessions on a variety of topics, visit with exhibitors in our virtual exhibit hall, earn continuing education credits and chat with other attendees – all from the comfort of your own home or workspace.
To celebrate our 29th Animal Care Expo, full conference registration is only $29!
Learn more at animalcareexpo.org.
Guest Presenter: Chris Roy with Doobert.com
Description: Are you struggling to effectively manage and communicate with your fosters? Do you wish you had technology to manage hundreds of animals in foster without all of the hassles that come with managing foster programs at scale? What if you could send and receive text messages right from a dashboard, and see requests and needs from fosters all in one place? What if you could communicate via text or email to groups of fosters and manage invitations to events and meet and greets? Join us to learn about the revolutionary Fosterspace functionality launched by the team at Doobert. We’ll discuss how technology can help you scale your program and automate the time consuming tasks. We will share how technology can help you turn your into adoption advocates and how to set up a Foster Next program to always have ready and available volunteers
How to use the Assess-A- Pet four-step, on-leash procedures to look for low risk, moderate risk, and high risk responses in dogs.
- How to assess dog-dog engagements to look for compatible playmates
- Observing low risk behaviors, moderate risk, and high risk behaviors
- When to interrupt
- How to interrupt
- How much play is healthy or necessary?
Description: Kittens are little poop machines! In this webinar we will take you through different scenarios and explain what your kitten’s poop is telling you about its health. There will be plenty of pictures!
*This kitten life-saving project was made possible in part through a generous Grant from The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®.
- Is there more reactivity today than ever?
- Reactivity is contagious
- Possible contributing factors for reactivity
- What if EVERY dog owner managed his or her dog AS IF he were reactive?
- How to manage a dog in public or in private spaces
- Sensitive events for triggering reactivity
- Training tips for reactivity
- Prevent Reactivity Before it Starts
- Are current puppy classes designed for today’s world? What kind of socialization is best for puppies, so they grow up into dogs that, while out in public, are able to ignore most other dogs, while remaining connected with their owners.
- What if instead of a puppy, someone gets an older dog? Is it still possible to provide socialization?
The Best Friends Professional Development Symposium: Reaching New Heights in Contemporary Animal Services is a new dynamic online symposium for animal services professionals and students devoted to lifesaving innovation and revolutionary change for pets and people.
The field of animal welfare is rapidly evolving as animal services organizations become resource centers, and the COVID-19 pandemic has only accelerated that change. In this creative two-day online event, you’ll learn more about the changes happening in the field and the latest in lifesaving from leading experts.
The symposium is part of a new initiative from Best Friends, presented in partnership with Southern Utah University (SUU). The goal is to develop prestigious academic learning opportunities that will facilitate career paths and clarity in contemporary animal services.
Presentation topics include:
- Redefining Animal Services
- Field Services Moving Forward
- Keeping Pets with Families
- Lifesaving as a Community Ethic
- Leadership for Lifesaving Change
- Compassionate Badassery
- Fundraising During Economic Uncertainty
- What’s the Deal with Cats?
- Fast-Tracking Pets Through the Shelter System