The Petfinder Admin System works best when using the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
If you have an older version of one of these browsers or a different browser all together, the Admin System may still work for you, but we recommend changing to a supported browser to ensure everything works at its best.
The latest versions of our recommended web browsers can be found at:
Internet Explorer versions 6, 7, and 8 also work, but version 9 will not. Internet Explorer 9 users – follow the graphic below to perform a one-click fix:
Already have the most recent version of Firefox?
If you have already verified that you are using the most recent version of Firefox and are still receiving the ‘You are using an unsupported browser’ message, the cause of the problem may be in your Firefox ‘User Agent’ string. It’s what identifies your browser type to websites.
Common causes of this problem are installing Megaupload Toolbar extension or Creative ZENCast plugin and then updating Firefox, but there are other causes. Below we describe how to reset your user agent to remedy this problem.
To reset your user agent:
- In the Location/URL bar, type about:config and press Enter.
- * The ‘This might void your warranty!’ warning page may appear. Click ‘I’ll be careful, I promise!’ to continue.
- Type useragent into the Filter field at the top.
- Right-click on each of the three preferences listed below and select Reset from the context menu.
- * general.useragent.extra.firefox
- * general.useragent.locale
- * general.useragent.security
- If they exist, you may also need to reset:
- * general.useragent.extra.productName – where productName can be the name of some third party software (e.g. microsoftdotnet).
- * general.useragent.override
After resetting your user agent, you may need to also clear you cookies and cache:
- At the top of the Firefox window on the menu bar, click Tools, then select Clear Recent History
- In the Time Range to clear: drop-down, select Everything.
- Click the arrow next to Details to display the list of items that can be cleared.
- Select both Cookies and Cache.
- Click Clear Now.
Back to Main Help for Members Page
Can’t find what you need here or have questions? Contact Us