The Petfinder Pro Dashboard allows you to post adoptable pets to Petfinder and share them on social media, all from within your account.
Though there are many features that will help increase your pets’ visibility, ease the adoption process, and save you time, this page will give you an overview of the fundamentals: logging in, posting a pet, and a few other often-used features.
Petfinder Pro Dashboard Fundamentals
The Petfinder Pro Dashboard will allow you to post a pet to Petfinder, update your pet listings, share your pets on social, manage your organization’s Petfinder homepage and more. The Pefinder Pro Dashboard is also mobile friendly! To manage your account or add pets from a mobile device, simply visit the Petfinder Pro homepage (pro.petfinder.com) and click “Sign In”. It’s as easy as that!
1. If you do currently have access to a shelter or rescue group’s Petfinder account, Sign in to your My Pro account.
2. If you have access to more than one shelter or rescue group account, sign in then choose an Organization’s Dashboard to view.
DON’T CURRENTLY HAVE ACCESS TO AN ACCOUNT? SIGN UP!
1. If you do not currently have access to a shelter or rescue group’s account, you will need to register for a My Pro account.
2. After registering, get access to the Petfinder Pro Dashboard from your shelter or rescue group by asking that they list you as a contact within the organization’s account. Once they do, you’ll receive an email which invites you to connect to the organization’s shared Dashboard.
1. From your shelter or rescue group’s Dashboard, click Add a Pet
2. Choose the animal type you’ll be posting and then click START NEW
3. Fill out their adoption profile and don’t forget to add photos!
∗ Pro Tip: If you need to leave a pet listing before you’ve had a chance to post it, you can find it saved as a DRAFT. Drafts can be found in the All Pets menu or by clicking the Drafts number from the Dashboard.
4. Post them to Petfinder as Adoptable.
Learn more about Adding a Pet Listing
Share your pet listings on Facebook or Twitter directly from the Petfinder Pro Dashboard!
Learn more about Sharing Pets on Social
TRACK PET INQUIRIES
Track your pets’ adoption inquires with notifications and metrics on your Dashboard.
Learn more about Pet Stats and Reporting
UPDATE THEIR PET PHOTOS
To update your pets’ pictures, click on PET LISTINGS then click ALL PETS. From there, click and select a pet. Once the pet is selected, click EDIT (or Add) in the Photos & Videos section. Then just Drag and Drop or upload a pet photo. Don’t forget to click save!
Learn more about Adding and Editing Photos and Videos
REVIEW YOUR PETS’ PROGRESS
Click Pet Listings, then All Pets. From here, sort and filter your All Pets list to locate a pet listing and see his or her Total Views or Total Inquires through Petfinder.
Learn more about Managing Pet Listings
MARK YOUR PETS ADOPTED!
Once a pet has found his or her new home, be sure to update their status to Adopted! Doing so will help you track your organization’s progress while celebrating your adoptions on Petfinder. Updating a pet’s status to Adopted also allows adopters or visitors to our site to enjoy your shelter or rescue group’s Happy Tails.
Looking for something different? Return to our Help Center.