Managing Your Petfinder Home Page
Welcome to your new Petfinder home page! While your Petfinder home page has a fresh new look, all of your previous home page information can found in the Home Page Editor option inside of your organization’s account. Please note that the Home Page Editor is now in a read-only format for you to copy/paste and save any information you’d like.
For members that used the Default or Simple Set-up home page template, you’ll find that most of your information has automatically migrated to your new Petfinder home page.
Members that used the Custom HTLM or Advanced Set-up, will want to make sure to view their new Petfinder home page and follow the information below to edit or add any additional information they’d like to share with potential adopters.
Here are just few of the updates and new features now available for use on your organization’s Petfinder home page:
- Hours of Operation now appear publicly
- Organization Photos now appear publicly
- Mission Statement field now appears publicly
- Adoption Policies field now appears publicly
- Link to your group’s own website now appears publicly
- An optional map feature linked to your public address
- An optional application button linked to your own adoption application
- Ability to share links to all of your shelter or rescue group’s social media profiles
- Pets marked as Adopted now automatically appear as Happy Tails
How to Edit Your Home Page
Petfinder member home pages are updated and edited through the “Organization” and “Account” options under the “Settings” tab. Here’s how to update, edit and change your organization’s information as well as start using some great new features!
1. Sign into your organization’s Petfinder account
2. Select the “Settings” tab, then “Organization”. The following Home Page options can be edited in the Organization page:
• Organization’s Name — Settings → Organization → Name of Organization
• Organization’s Address — Settings → Organization → Primary Address
• Map Feature — Settings → Organization → Primary Address
∗ The new map module will automatically update when you enter your organization’s city/state or public address. This feature is optional, so if you don’t wish for it to appear, just check the box in this section marked, “Do not display my location map publicly on Petfinder.com.”
• Organization’s Email Address — Settings → Organization → Email
∗ This link replaces the Contact Form that was used on an older version of your profile
• Organization’s Phone Number — Settings → Organization → Phone number
• Our Mission — Settings → Organization → Mission Statement
• Today’s Hours — Settings → Organization → Hours of Operation
• Organization’s Website — Settings → Organization → Website
• Follow Us (Social Media Links) — Settings → Organization → Individual Social Channels
2. Select the “Settings” tab then “Account”. The following Home Page options can be edited in the Account page:
• Organization Photos — Settings → Account → Photos
∗ In addition to other images, this is where you can add your organization’s logo
• Adoption Policy — Settings → Account → Adoption Policy
• Adoption Application — Settings → Account → Adoption Policy
For former Default / Simple Set-up home page users:
- The former “News” and “Who We Are” sections of the Default/Simple Set-up home page template will migrate automatically into the “Our Mission” section of your new Petfinder Home Page, if the “Our Mission” section is blank.
- The former “Adopting a Friend” and “Come Visit Us” sections of the Default/Simple Set-up home page template will migrate automatically into the “Adoption Policy” section of your new Petfinder Home Page if the “Adoption Policy” section is blank.
- Please be sure to check your new home page information. You may discover you need to edit the migrated information to best represent your current mission
Former Custom HTML / Advanced Set-up home page users:
Content from the Advanced Shelter Home Pages will be archived, but no content will be automatically migrated into the Mission Statement or Adoption Policy sections of your new home page.
A note about Events:
We realize how important sharing event information is. While we work to create a stronger tool, we’ve temporarily removed the Upcoming Events feature from Petfinder home page. Thank you for your understanding.
Looking for something different? Return to our Help Center.