Sharing pet listings can be a powerful tool to help further promote your adoptable pets. Without leaving the Petfinder Pro Dashboard, you can share a specific pet with a specific person, or share pets widely on a social network. You can even send a potential adopter a group of pets they might be interested in, with just an easy to create link.
• Post pet listing on your personal or your organization’s social network.
• Send a potential adopter a direct link to a specific pet listing.
• Send a link to a potential adopter that displays a list of pets on Petfinder.
POSTING TO YOUR SOCIAL NETWORKS
1. Select a single posted pet from your All Pets list.
2. Click SHARE from their profile preview.
3. A confirmation message will prompt a choice between a link, SHARE ON FACEBOOK or
SHARE ON TWITTER.
You’ll be taken to your chosen social network, where you can decide how and where to post.
SHARING FROM THE RIGHT ACCOUNT
To double check you will be posting from the right social media account:
1. Visit your chosen social media account
2. Sign out
3. Sign into the social account you would like to share from.
That’s it. Once you have double checked that you are signed into the right account, when you share your pet listings through the Petfinder Pro Dashboard they will be automatically posted from this account.
HAVING TROUBLE WITH YOUR SOCIAL ACCOUNTS?
- Are you signed in to your social account in a different browser (other than the one the Pro Dashboard is open in). Choose a single browser such as Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc. to work in while using the Petfinder Pro Dashboard.
- If using your group’s social media account, do you have the most recent login information from your shelter or rescue group? If the login information isn’t working, you’ll need to get in touch with your organization — Social media account information is not stored within the Petfinder Pro Dashboard.
- Need help with a specific account? Find Facebook and Twitter support information here:
FACEBOOK: POSTING TO THE RIGHT PLACE
Once you’ve selected SHARE TO FACEBOOK, you’ll need to specify where on Facebook you’d like to share.
Share to your shelter or rescue group’s Facebook page:
1. Click the SHARE drop down menu on the top left.
2. Your options will include pages you manage, timelines and groups. To share to a page you manage, select the “Share On a Page You Manage” option. Then choose your organization’s page.
3. Once you’ve selected the page, click the Post To Facebook button.
Share to a Timeline or Group:
1. To choose where to post, click the SHARE drop down menu on the top left.
2. Select the location you’d like to post the pet to. Your options will include pages you manage, timelines and groups and you’ll be able to select from the following options: Post on your own timeline, in a friend’s timeline, share in a group, or share in a private message.
3. Make your selection and then click the Post to Facebook button.
SHARE A DIRECT LINK TO SINGLE PET
1. Select a pet from your All Pets list.
2. Click SHARE from his or her profile preview.
3. A confirmation message will prompt a choice between a link, SHARE ON FACEBOOK or SHARE ON TWITTER. Select the link icon.
4. You’ll be taken to the posted view of your pet listing on Petfinder.
5. From here, you can copy the direct link to the pet and send it wherever you’d like.
SHARE A LINK TO A GROUP OF POSTED PETS
The GET A LINK button in the All Pets view allows you to share a single link to a group of pets on Petfinder. It’s a great way to share a list of pets with a potential adopter, or share pet information with a volunteer who does not yet have Pro Dashboard access.
- The link will match the selected pets from your All Pets page (sorted and filtered).
This means that from within an organization, you can select a view of your pet listings, and share it with an individual who does not have account access.
- Because the viewer will see the listings as they exist on Petfinder, you may only select pet listings that are currently posted to Petfinder. Pro Tip: You can locate all posted pet listings by looking for pets marked Adoptable, Adopted, or Found.
1. Choose the filters you’d like to use on the All Pets page.
2. From the All Pets page, select the group of pets you’d like to share.
3. Click the GET A LINK button at the top of the page. You can test the link now if you like by copy/pasting it into your web browser.
Now you can share the link, either by copying the text, or entering the recipient’s email address and selecting SEND. The recipient will receive an email with the link to the pet listings.
Share your data with developers and third party pet platforms, covered under Account Settings.
More on opting in to sharing data
Looking for something different? Return to our Help Center.